Monday, April 21, 2014

Everything Good is of God

I recently saw something on TV that bothered me. I thought I'd put this out there as food for thought. I leave you to decide what you'll think of it or do with it.

An actor playing the part of a doctor: "I better not catch you praying; I don't want to have to compete with God for credit on this! Are you gonna put her in God's hands or in mine?"


To Pray or Not to Pray

Nephi warned his people saying: 

"...the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray" (2 Nephi 32:8-9)


Moroni recorded the words of his father:

"For behold the spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power of gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God. But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good..." (Moroni 7:16-17)


The Church of Jesus Christ, The Church of the Devil

How can I go to church to have my testimony and my faith strengthened through the Spirit of Christ, and then come home and turn on the chapel services of hell and let that testimony be weakened - however unwittingly - by such whisperings in my ear?

The Lord uses prophets and apostles; the devil uses actors and politicians.

It is no longer enough to guard against gross violence and immorality in the media. Now, we must protect ourselves against gross anti-theism and amorality every which way we turn. Have you noticed how many TV series these days have either no clear protagonist, or a protagonist that experiments with choice and consequence with little or no regard for the morality of those choices?

The Savior taught: "blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!" (Matthew 5:8)

Let us be ever so careful, lest we - however unwittingly - deprive ourselves of the "joy of the saints" or preclude ourselves from ever discovering it to begin with. (Mosiah 2:41, Mosiah 4:20, Acts 8:36-39




No comments:

Post a Comment